Table of Contents
- Types of Information We Collect
- Use and Processing of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Manage Your Information
- How We Protect Personal Information
- California Residents – Information Sharing Disclosure
1. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The following are examples of the types of information that we may collect directly from you, about you, and/or from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources.
Information collected directly from you:
- Information You Post on the Services: When available on the Services, we may collect Personal Information from you when you provide or post information to our Services, including your comments. We may use this information for our purposes and/or make this information available to others as you request.
- Information You Provide About Others: Sometimes, you may provide information about others. We may use this information to make our Services available to the people you refer.
- Feedback/Support: If you provide us feedback or contact us for support, we may collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, to reply. The purpose for collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to receive and act upon your feedback or issues.
- Mailing List: If you sign up for one of our mailing lists we collect your email address and/or postal address. The purpose of collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to share information about our services.
Information collected Automatically:
- E-mail Interconnectivity: If you receive email from us, we may use tools to capture data related to when you open our message. The purpose for collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to understand how you interact with our communications to you.
- Mobile Devices: We may collect information from your Mobile Device when visiting our website. The purposes of collection and use of this data are that we have a business need to identify unique visitors and understand how users interact with us on their devices.
- Location Data: When you use certain of our Services, we may solicit your permission to collect your location data. Some features within our Service may only function upon confirmation of your location, and therefore such features will not be available if you choose not to provide your location data. The specificity of the location data may depend on several factors, including the device you are using and how your connected to the Internet.
- Cookies, generally: We and our service providers operating on our behalf, and other businesses who collect information on our pages may automatically collect or receive certain information associated with you and/or your device(s) as part of your use of the Services through device-based tracking technologies such as cookies, pixels, tags, beacons, scripts or other technology. The purposes for collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to make our website operate efficiently, provide you with different website experiences, and to provide you with ability to save your preferences.
- Cross-Device Tracking: We and our service providers may collect and store information about users’ interactions with unaffiliated websites and applications that use our technologies, including cookies and similar tracking technologies. This allows us to infer the presence of a common user or household behind multiple devices or browsers, for instance, and then link those browsers and devices into a device graph. The purposes for collection and use of this data are that we have a business need to understand our users’ use of our sites across devices in order to allow users to use our services on one device and pick up seamlessly where they left off on another device. We also have a business need to provide personalized advertising on each device that is inferred from the browsing patterns on all of the devices.
- Data Analytics: We use certain web analytics services, including third-party services such as Google Analytics, to help us understand and analyze how visitors use our Services. We may collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors. The purpose for collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to monitor our networks and the visitors to our websites. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies on both an individual and aggregated basis.
Information we may collect from other sources:
- Client Information: We may collect contact information such as name, e-mail, address and/or phone number of our clients.
- Demographic Information: Personal Information such as your age, gender, family size, and/or educational level. The purpose for collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to customize content, advertising and learn about our audiences.
2. USE AND PROCESSING OF INFORMATION
In addition to the purposes and uses described elsewhere in this policy, we may use information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you engage with us and our Services.
- To process transactions associated with your use of Services, for which there is a charge, including processing payments and verifying your identity or payment information for your security and protection.
- To communicate with you and to respond to inquiries related to support employment opportunities, or other requests.
- To deliver marketing and promotional materials related to our Services in accordance with applicable laws.
- For internal administrative purposes, such as safety and security of our Services, and to manage our relationships.
- To detect security incidents, and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including attempts to manipulate or violate our policies, procedures, and terms and conditions.
- To comply with legal obligations, to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, and to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible misconduct.
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose(s) in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose.
3. SHARING OF INFORMATION
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we may disclose your Personal Information in the following situations:
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share your Personal Information with our corporate affiliates. If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also share your Personal Information with that company using appropriate safeguards, including at the negotiation stage.
- Our Business Clients. When we collect information on behalf of our business clients, we share that information with those clients.
- Service Providers. We share your information with service providers. Among other things, service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, provide technical support, assist or support our business operations and other administrative functions, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
- Aggregated and Anonymous Information. We may share aggregated, anonymous information with any third party. This information is not linked to personal information that can identify you or another individual person.
A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identification number that is placed on the hard disk of your computer by a web page server, enabling the web server to identify your web browser and passively track its activities on that website. A cookie does not reveal any personally identifiable information that you have not otherwise disclosed. Cookies do not contain any executable code and cannot be used for infecting your computer with a virus. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies but usually provide the option of configuring your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. You can change your settings in the preferences or options menu of your browser. If you choose to decline cookies, certain features of our Services may not be available to you.
Cookies That Mortgage Guru Uses:
Mortgage Guru uses a few services to help us understand how people use our service and the problems they might encounter as they use it.
How to delete cookies:
You can control your cookies, delete them and reject them in the settings of your browser.
5. MANAGE YOUR INFORMATION
- Access to Your Personal Information. You may request access to your Personal Information that we collect on our own behalf. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the personal information that we have about you.
- Changes to Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your Personal Information. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our Services do not permit you to update or correct certain information, contact us at the address described below. If we are processing your Personal Information on behalf of one of our clients, we will respond that we are operating as a Service Provider and are unable to act on your request.
- Deletion of Your Personal Information. When we collect information on our own behalf, we typically retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may, however, request information about how long we keep a specific type of information, or request that we delete your Personal Information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in some situations we must keep your Personal Information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another one of our business purposes.
- Objection to Certain Processing. When we process information on our own behalf, you may object to our use of your Personal Information by contacting us at the address described below. For example, California residents may be entitled to object, or opt-out, of having their Personal Information sold to third parties. We do not discriminate against California consumers who exercise any of their rights described in this policy.
- Revocation of Consent. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information, then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity.
Note that, as required by law, in order to process your request, we will require you to prove your identity. Depending on your request, we will require, at minimum, you to provide your name, phone number, and email address. We may require additional information to verify your identity dependent upon the sensitivity of the personal information related to your request.
If you do not want to make requests for access or deletion get in touch with us through the following contact: [email protected] or in writing at:
2615 Columbia Pike
La Toche Beauty #308 Arlington
6. HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information. If we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your Personal Information, we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
7. SUPPLEMENTAL PRIVATE NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Summary of Information We Collect: California law requires us to disclose information regarding the categories of personal information that we have collected about California consumers, the categories of sources from which the information was collected, the business or commercial purposes (as those terms are defined by applicable law) for which the information was collected, and the categories of parties with whom we share personal information.
Rights: If you are a California resident, you may have certain rights. California law may permit you to request that we:
- Provide you the categories of personal information we have collected or disclosed about you in the last twelve months; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; and the categories of third parties with whom we shared personal information.
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you.
- Delete certain information we have about you.
You may have the right to receive information about the financial incentives that we offer to you if any. You also have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising certain of your rights.